It’s no surprise every dermatologist and their mom are obsessing over Niacinamide and its powers that prevent wrinkles, clogged pores, and more.
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a water-soluble form of vitamin B3, an essential nutrient that helps build proteins in the skin and protects against environmental damage, and pollution. It is a standout because of its versatility for almost any skincare concern and skin type, playing a role in maintaining skin well hydrated and helping to repair signs of past damage.
Niacinamide can be consumed in foods that naturally contain it - like green vegetables, nuts, and legumes - or taken as a supplement, this ingredient is a big deal in skincare since a lot of processes in your skin (supporting the barrier, boosting collagen, increasing cellular vitality) need niacinamide.
Niacinamide-rich products are a great addition to any skincare routine, as it is found to be non-sensitizing and well tolerated by even the most sensitive skin.
The difference between Niacin and Niacinamide
As aforementioned, Niacinamide occurs naturally in certain foods. So, we take that food apart in a magically scientific way to use its powers to improve all the good stuff from skin texture to fine lines and wrinkles.
Their similarity in the names Niacin and Niacinamide connects them at their core; they’re both forms of vitamin B3. Your body can make niacinamide when you supplement niacin so they’re their own kind of Batman and Robin.
Here’s why your skin needs Niacinamide:
Every birthday that passes, our skin’s defense systems and cell functions begin to slow and weaken, which can result in loss of firmness, appearance of deep lines and wrinkles. But fine lines are not on our birthday wish list!
Niacinamide is a powerful line of defense! It armors up, strengthening the skin’s barrier by maintaining moisture levels and boosting ceramide production. In 2005 scientific research shows “…a variety of significant skin appearance improvement effects for topical niacinamide: reductions in fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmented spots, red blotchiness, and skin sallowness (yellowing). In addition, elasticity (as measured via cutometry) was dramatically improved.” - all of which will give you that plump, revitalized, and youthful-looking skin.
- It’s a one-stop shop: This year, we want to get the best results with the least amount of effort. No, we’re not condoning slacking off, we’re condoning working smart not hard; maximizing time and effort. What we mean by this is that we can put an end to the ever-so-popular 50 step skincare routines. Who has the time anyway? All you really need to secure your best complexion are multi-tasking products that put in the work so that you don’t have to.
Good news! We designed our award-winning All-in-One serum with multi-tasking powers that target all signs of dull, depleted skin. It’s a one-step serum that does it all – it’s your hyaluronic serum! It’s your Vitamin B3 serum! It’s your Vitamin C treatment. Active levels of an advanced deep-penetrating form of vitamin C in our All-in-one serum, paired with vitamin B3 provide powerful brightening and antioxidant activity that smooths and evens skin tone, helping with hyperpigmentation while refining natural pore size and texture.
Our silky, lightweight formula is supercharged with anti-wrinkle peptides, an advanced form of vitamin C, Niacinamide (the star of the show), super moisturizing snow mushroom extract and wild indigo – a unique anti-stress adaptogen botanical that calms and de-stresses skin, reducing redness and inflammation. This means, the more you use this all-in-one serum, the more you’re the elasticity of your skin increases as the length and depth of wrinkles visibly decrease for youthful, ‘reborn’ skin.
- It’s a skin hydration station: This perfect potion increases natural lipids on the skin which amps up water retention in the skin helping you kick sagging, dry skin to the curb where it belongs.
- It reduces the appearance of blackheads: The anti-inflammatory powers of this super ingredient, prevent blackheads from developing which also minimizes the appearance of pores. So now, you can take up close and personal pictures without blackheads stealing the spotlight.
- You can say ‘adios’ to fine lines: Did we mention that there’s cold hard evidence that the use of topical Niacinamide can increase the production of lipids that help strengthen the skin’s protective barrier? “What’s this mean”, you may ask? This means that you can let the door hit wrinkles and fine lines on their way out. Hydration is one of the many benefits of this supreme skincare secret. So, once your skin is juiced up with B3, your skin texture and skin tone will improve significantly.
Complement your routine with our Bio-Luminous dewy essence - formulated as an active lightweight serum, this biphasic silky essence mist delivers a re-energizing burst of hydration and a potent vitamin burst of restoring antioxidants that reduce the appearance of lines and improve uneven skin tone.
- Discoloration and hyperpigmentation? Not anymore: I’m not kidding when I say Niacinamide is rosacea and hyperpigmentation’s worst nightmare. Because no skin discoloration is a match for this super vitamin. Your new favorite serum helps treat hyperpigmentation by inhibiting pigment-producing enzymes.
- Build strong skin: Niacinamide is a true barrier-repairing powerhouse that strengthens and supports the skin while reducing inflammation. It also helps build a protein called keratin that helps keep your skin firm and healthy. This magic in a bottle can improve skin texture, skin tone, and corrects dry and flaky skin.
- Say ‘so long’ to acne: Dysregulation of sebum (oil) production usually results in oily skin which means breakouts. Niacinamide lowers sebum production which helps balance oil and moisture in the skin. In addition, B3 works to stabilize the melanosome activity within cells which can reduce the appearance of acne scars or melasma. High-five Niacinamide!
- Photoprotection: Wearing just sunscreen isn’t a strong enough line of defense these days. That’s why dermatologists are encouraging clients to hop on the vitamin B3 bandwagon, its most impressive work comes to play wit photoprotection. Niacinamide helps build cells in the skin to help you strengthen, support, and protect your skin against mutagenic and immune suppressive effects of sunlight as well as environmental stresses, such as pollution, and toxins.
To sum it up: Using the Resurrection All-In-One serum with our Resurrection Dewy Essence keeps your skincare routine easy and quick with visible, youth-restoring results. They are both packed with active levels of vitamin B3 and do all the hard work so you can get out and glow. The list of benefits that come with this obsession-worthy vitamin in a bottle is seemingly endless. The results? Skin appears visibly tighter, smoother, more lifted, and brighter after just one use.
These must-haves are about to be your new favorite friends for smoothing your skin while shrinking the size of pores, ridding wrinkles, amping up your photoprotection, and so much more.